Home › Blog › Metallic epoxy floor example - garage
Metallic epoxy floor example - garage
David was looking for something different to freshen up the tired, worn grey floor in his garage. He had three wishes with the metallic
epoxy floor he was looking for - a silver element in the design to match his cars and decor, a non-slip finish to protect his family in the
wet, and finally, a longer lifespan.
Client - David Marriner
Location - Toowong, QLD
Floor Type - Double Garage (Residential)
Design Scope -
- Silver and grey used in metallic epoxy floor design to match colour of cars and decor throughout home.
- Non-slip topcoat with AS “X” rating used for safer footing when wet, e.g. water on tyres.
- Durable finish capable of withstanding vehicle traffic, including harsh turning circle.
- Installation carried out while family at home, so product needed to be free of pungent odours and harmful solvents.
- Risk of yellowing minimal due to house position, absence of garage nosing and colour of metallic epoxy floor.
Previously coated concrete in good condition, however checking for contamination in that type of environment is essential, e.g. silicone
sprays for tyres.
Customer Feedback -
recommend for anyone wanting something different, but practical and versatile...I’ve already referred them to some of my
- David Marriner, Homeowner
Customer Score - 9/10
You can find more information and tips on our metallic epoxy flooring page, and see more
examples of metallic epoxy flooring for bedrooms and bathrooms, kitchens,
living rooms, retail
commercial areas and restaurants
by clicking the links.
Take care and keep smiling,
Real World Epoxies