Adelaide Oval Club Room Floor
The Field Club at the Adelaide Oval gives patrons a unique glimpse into the changerooms of both AFL teams. The architects wanted a floor befitting such a prestigious area that could handle a testing mix of heavy foot traffic and corporate catering. A two-tone marbled design in the specified “Mt. Eden” grey (including clear anti-slip around the bar) was created to meet the brief, with a satin polish applied over the top for easier maintenance.
Client - Adelaide Oval, Field Club (Wetspot Consolidated P/L)
Location - Adelaide, SA
Floor Type - Club Room/Bar (Retail and Commercial)
Design Scope -
- The two-tone, “Mt Eden” grey design was developed in consultation with architects for three areas requiring decorative resin flooring (700m2 total).
- Large cracks/joints had to be patched and sections levelled before a seamless floor was applied.
- The Field Club is a very popular setting for game day functions, with a heavy traffic load and corporate catering. A seamless, easy-to-clean surface with good wear characteristics was a must.
- To improve patron safety, a clear anti-slip topcoat was applied around the bar service area. A satin polish was also applied over the finish for easier maintenance.
- The pictures above were taken during a follow-up inspection after the first game was played. Considering it was yet to be cleaned, the floor held up extremely well and still looked great.
Customer Feedback -
"Professional approach, product knowledge, friendly staff, good work ethic, great finished product."
- Robin Gage, Wetspot Consolidated P/L
(Primary Coating Contracting, Adelaide Oval Re-development)
⇒ Find this information helpful or know someone who might? Share it via the social media buttons on the left!