Adelaide Oval Bar Room Floor
The Audi Stadium Club in the Eastern Stand of the Adelaide Oval represents the very best in modern corporate hospitality. FLOORChef was invited to help put down two floors in this luxurious facility; the first a soft and subtle, two-tone marbled design in “Teahouse” grey for the Lawn Bar (now known as the John Platten bar), with clear anti-slip in the service areas and a satin polish applied for easier maintenance. What a place to watch sport!
Client - Adelaide Oval, John Platten Bar (Wetspot Consolidated P/L)
Location - Adelaide, SA
Floor Type - Bar Room/Restaurant (Retail and Commercial)
Design Scope -
- The two-tone, “Teahouse” grey design was developed in consultation with architects for three areas requiring decorative resin flooring (700m2 total).
- Extensive patching of cracks/joints/gouges was required and large sections of concrete levelled (including ramping in doorways and in-filling of data boxes) before a seamless floor was applied.
- The John Platten Bar is a key feature of the prestigious Audi Stadium Club. A stylish, seamless, easy-to-clean surface with good wear characteristics was a priority for the architects.
- To improve patron safety, a clear anti-slip topcoat was applied around the bar service area. A semi-gloss polish was also applied over the finish for easier maintenance.
- The pictures above were taken during a follow-up inspection after the first game was played. Considering it was yet to be cleaned, the floor held up extremely well and still looked great.
Customer Feedback -
"I would definitely recommend Floorchef to colleagues & clients."
- Peter McGregor, Hames Sharley Architects
⇒ Find this information helpful or know someone who might? Share it via the social media buttons on the left!